Date: Wednesday, Nov 12th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School (Class room 607)
Minutes of November Meeting link:
Committee Chair: Santos Kadi
- Acknowledged tonight’s committee meeting is end of the year and thanks many of the parents that helped out. Among others, CC thanks Scott for keeping up with the troop equipments and Chad with the monthly Secretary duties. Proposed annual appreciation giftcard to custodian for the use of the MPR.
Scoutmaster: Dennis Gorospe
- Busy with SM conferences and troop meetings agenda.
- Discussed status of various Eagle Scouts
- Announce flag ceremony at Cerritos City Hall coming up on Thursday. Also, suggest doing a flag ceremony for the City of Artesia, but noted Artesia City Council meeting is held on a Monday.
Treasurer: Eliza Ma
- Financial Report on File.
Quartermaster: Scott Kotake
- Ordered backpacking tents for troop and additional tents for Philmont. Noted troop flag has “Artesia” and suggest changing it to say, “Cerritos”
Registration: Jenny Song
- Registration is at 51 scouts. Remind adults registering to take YPT training and obtain certificate, if it expires this year. (2 years certification)
Eagle Guide: Ashok Chauhan / Jeanne Cha
- Presented a list/schedule of scouts in progress of obtaining their Eagle Rank at various stages.
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 12
**Trail to 1st Class: Charles Cho **
- Scouts are interested in getting the 10 animals/10 plants requirements completed. Advised ASM to not accept internet pictures as part of fulfilling the requirements.
Advancement: Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, Greg Tecson.
- Advancement team is busy with scouts request for Board of Review (BOR)
- Ordering neckerchiefs and 693 patches as the troop is low on these items.
Webmasters: Rajiv Argawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- No report
o moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT#moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT, for any posting requests.
Medical Chair: Glenn Hiu
- No Report
Outing Chair: Jay Chiang
- Future outings such as Grand Canyon and Deep Sea Fishing is in need of additional parent volunteer.
Community Service - Sissy, Henry Lee
- 2nd Harvest went well with 8 scouts and 2 adults.
- Brought up Community Garden Project at Griffith Middle School if anyone may be interested. If so, we can schedule it for the 1st Quarter of 2015.
- Flag Day – Plan to retire flags in June 2014
- Proposed Special Olympic opportunity – the dates would be around 7/15 – 8/2; Seeking attendance to filled up the stand and cheer on the participants.
|2015||Philmont||Chad H.||Adult meeting is on schedule to meet after backpacking trip. Crew has been split into two. Training hikes are scheduled in March, May and June. Travel arrangements are heavily in discussion.|
|Dec 13, 2014||Holiday Party - 2014||Eliza Ma||Golfland||Rate: $12.50/scout $17.50/adult. 27 scouts signed up; dress in Class B, Pizza and drinks provided.|
|Jan 10-11, 2015||Cope And Ziplining - 2015||Hannah Lee, Dennis Huang||Costs: $60/scout – Irvine Ranch Community Center – activities include COPE and ziplining.|
|Jan 31- Feb 2, 2015||snow-trip-2015||Sissy Yoh, Charles Wei||taking sign up at next troop meeting and Troop approved for a $10 increase in subsidy for this February Snow outing.|
|Feb 20, 2015||green-and-gold-2015||Serena Szu, Jin Yim, Jenny Song||Coordinator asking for donation. Plan to work with parents on the donation. Budget proposal for this event is $10/person. Raffle tickets will be on sale at $10 for 12 tickets.|
|Jul 5-11, 2015||summer-camp-2015||Art Chang, Henry Lee, Chandy Gunawardana||Cherry Valley, Catalina Island.||Costs is $525/scouts; Sign up and deposit of $150 to reserve a spot for Summer Camp at Cherry Valley, Catalina Island.|
|Mar, 2015||march-backpacking-2015||Planning phase with budget at $20-$25 per scouts.|
|2015||grand-canyon-2015||Jay will look into putting in an application for the trip.|
Next Committee Meeting: TUESDAY, January 13 , 2015 @ 7 PM – CMSchool