Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Total present: 19
Eagle Project Proposal
- Ricky G.’s project was approved by the Committee. His project is to produce an anti-bully educational video.
- Carmenita facility maintenance personnel, Oscar is to retire. An appreciation gift of $50 gift card will be presented to Oscar.
- Troop is continuing its effort to develop the on-line registration material on the website for future outing events.
- Discussion on administrating Spring Camporee. Theme will be Highland Games with a handful of games to be tested before the event. Testing of games/events are scheduled for the January outing.
- Eric congratulates those that passed the Eagle District BOR.
- Troop has a new scout quartermaster for this term – Nathan Cha.
- Financial report on File
- QM will look into purchasing dutch ovens
- Looking forward to working/teaching our new scout QM
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- 2014 Registration packet are ready to be sent to District at Roundtable
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
- Announced Ansh Eagle’s COH at Skyline Room (Library) on 12/30/13.
- Presented list of scouts that are currently working on their Eagle project and gave status of scouts in the class of 2014 and 2015.
- Encouraged volunteer adults to engage scouts on their Eagle’s path. Some adults may be influential in encouraging these border line scouts that are going through the process at the last minute.
- Discussed the new cooking merit badge requirement and how it affects the new Eagle candidates.
Trail to 1st Class
- No report
Grace(nia), [Melody (nia), Jeanne, Glenn H. (nia)]
- Last COH went well. Thanks the Advancement team on doing a great job.
- Scouts are progressing and advancing in ranks.
Sissy Yoh, Sharon Wang
- Committee Chair thanks the webmasters for doing a wonderful job.
Medicals Chair Report
Santos Kadi– Completed updating medical forms with matching information on our website.
- no report
|TBD||Philmont - 2015||Chad Hoang||Philmont||Congratulations to Troop 693 for being selected for Philmont 2015.|
|Nov 16-17||Bike Camping - November 2013||Santos Kadi, Yi Chu||Outing went well.|
|Dec 14||Holiday - Dec 2013||Lillibelle Reyes||Buena Park||John’s Incredible Pizza. Budget approved.|
|Jan 11-12||Sports Outing - Jan 2014||Chad Hoang, Glenn Hiu||Firestone||On schedule. Testing out Highlander’s game.|
|Feb 8-9||Snow Trip Outing- Feb 2014||Charles Wei||Big Bear||Fee schedules are distributed so please sign up.|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Community Service Project at LA Mission went well as expected.
- Glenn N. presented a community service project opportunity for the troop. It is partnership program with the local church providing much needed assistance to the homeless. Depending on the support and commitment of the troop, this service project may be an ongoing collaboration with the church and possibly expanding it to other troops in Cerritos. More information will be provided.
- We submitted 2 permits for Grand Canyon, AZ, but were not selected in the lottery drawing. Alternative outings are being plan for the Spring Break 2014. Possible trips include Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon or Biking expedition to San Diego.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps:
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry