Date: December11, 2007
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Glenn Nishibayashi
Total present: 13
Table of Contents
- 4 SM conference scheduled in the past month (1 star, 1 life, 2 Eagle Scout).
- Troop 693 met with Pack 529 weebelos 2 scouts on 11/30/07 to give them information of our troops activities and answer questions so that they can make a decision what Troop to attend this coming year.
- Eric is ordering Numeral patches for the 30 year anniversary of scouting for the Green and Gold - February 2008.
- Committee approved the purchase of a new flag pole.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- If you have any reimbursements for Holiday Party - December 2007 activity turn in receipts to Christina Preciado.
- Committee approved to waive registration balance for leaders who do not have children in scouting.
- No report, items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear. (I believe their is still one tent out).
- Two additional parents registered.
- Troop has met deadline for registration and should be receiving the quality unit patches.
- Glenn met with 8 out of 10 scouts turning 18 in 2009 to discuss preparations for eagle.
- 2 Board of Review for Eagle Scout.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- As the Outing Coordinators prepare their budgets to the Committee, this is what they should use in developing their proposed price for each Scout to attend their particular outing. Given that we have so many different Outing Coordinators, Ed Johnson has volunteered to develop a Outing Budget template for the Outing coordinators to use in preparing their budgets to present to the Committee. I think that will be very helpful for the Committee as we review each outing. Thanks Ed for volunteering.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
- Board of Review process. Committee discussed an additional Troop Review of scouts who are preparing for their Eagle BOR. This is to avoid any disagreements made on scouts participation, commitments in the troop, character, and completion of rank advancement/merit badges.
Trail to 1st Class
- Preparing for a 1 mile Orienteering Training - January 2008 on 1/27/07. Volunteers are needed. It will begin about 12:30 PM.
- No Board of Review, for December, next BOR 1/17/07.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2007 or Calendar-2008
- Received invoice for the use of Library facilities. Start January.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- Glenn is inquiring ideas for Experian Donations (Some ideas were using the funds for : subsidy for Philmont, donation for friends of scouting, scholarship for summer camp, troop gear, helping out other troops who are in need.
- December 15 Holiday Party - December 2007 (Hoa Pham and Christina Preciado). Thanks to all who attended and helped with 2007 Holiday Party. The party was a big success, we had approximately had 70 participants. Happy Holidays.
- Jan. 19-21: Canoe Trip - January 2008 (Terri Botello)
- The cost is $120.00 per person but with the Troop subsidy of $30.00, the total cost will be $90.00 per scout.
- The cost (food, etc.) for adults will be free; they will only be required to pay for the cost of canoeing at $38.11.
- Please sign up with Terri if you have not already.
- Reserved for 20 scouts and 5 adults.
- Feb. 1-3: Snow Trip - February 2008 (Claire Peer) Claire prepared a complete report of the following prices:
- 1-day trip or 2-day trip; cost with ski equipment and without ski equipment; Food and lodging.
- Adults will be free for food and lodging, will only pay for the cost of skiing.
- Committee approved the option for a two day trip (saturday and sunday) with the option for some scouts to leave sunday morning or stay to ski.
- A $50 subsidy will be applied for scouts. Immediate family will have to pay the full cost.
- Feb 8: Green and Gold - February 2008 - No coordinator identified yet"
- Mar. 8-9: Backpacking Trip - March 2008 (Howard) - Proposed site: "Valley Forge"
- April 18-20: Camporee - April 2008 (Jaime Banuelos)- No updates available.
- May 17-18: Fishing Trip - May 2008 (Floyd Wilson)- Reserved 2 nights camping up in Victorville at Mohave Lake for 30 people.
- June 21-22: Surfing Trip - June 2008 (Brian Johnson)- Reservation updates unknown, but looking into San Onofre beach campsites.
- July 13-19: Summer Camp - July 2008 (Maria Gomez)-Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Lost Valley (east of Temecula). Eric Aune secured a 20% discount for the troop, cost will be $250-$255.
- August 9-15: Long Term - Whitewater and Caving Trip - August 2008 (Carol Hojo)
- Caving will be first (8/10-8/11)
- White water rafting, repelling and zipline will follow.
- Carol selected caverns with shade and availabe showers.
- The cost is $600.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $500.00 per scout.
- Philmont 2009 - We are on a waiting list to get a date. We will find out in mid January where we are on the list. Council Contingent date July for 20 scouts and 5 adults.
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated: