Date: Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 - 7:00 PM
Location: Skyline Room, Cerritos Library, 3rd Floor, 18025 Bloomfield Ave, Cerritos
Minutes of July -2015 Meeting link:
Count of Attendees: 20
Eagle Project Presentation: Committee approved Dylan Sun’s eagle scout project proposal. His project is to wax the floor and paint the meeting room for the VFW.
Committee Chair: Santos Kadi
- Santos thanks everyone for their support as this is his last presiding meeting. Nominating Committee presented the next term leaders and Board Members approve.
- Announced two new leadership positions. One was Trailmaster.
Scoutmaster: Dennis Gorospe
- Philmont Crew did great. They wake up early and hit the trail. Staff members were impressed with the Conservation project at Philmont.
- Scout leadership Training was conducted. New Patrol assignment is completed.
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster: Victor Phong
- Commented on Philmont experience. Crew had a great time.
Treasurer: Eliza Ma
- Financial Report on File.
Quartermaster: Scott Kotake
- No report.
Registration: Jenny Song
- No report
Eagle Guide: Ashok Chauhan / Jeanne Cha
- Eagle committee is busy with preparing, scheduling and maintaining lists of Eagle scouts candidates.
Trail to 1st Class: Charles Cho , (not in attendance)
o Mike Simko is assisting with Trail to 1st Class.
Advancement: Grace Lee, Joseph Antonio, Linda Phong, Greg Tecson.
- COH preparation. It will be at Shoshonean Park starting at 5:30pm. Dinner at 6:00pm
Webmasters: Rajiv Argawal, Sharon Wang, Minchi Cheng
- Everything is good - No report
o moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT#moc.elgoog|retsambew-396poorT, for any posting requests.
Medical Chair: Glenn Hiu
- Continue to monitor and update medical records.
- No Report
Outing Chair: Jay Chiang
- Reminded troop to obtain Plan Permit.
- Suggested possible hike to Mt. Whitney as an alternative to Grand Canyon or Long term Log Cabin as an outing. Ideas came from troop adults that went hiking over the summer.
Adult Training: Carl Wong
- No report
- Eric Aune brought up NESA scholarship opportunity and presented art work for possible change in Troop Class B/C t-shirts. Suggest breathable Dri-fit type material as opposed to cotton t-shirts. New t-shirts will phase in with old inventory.
Community Service - Henry Lee
- OC food bank in Garden Grove – 20 participated. Went well.
- Scheduling 2nd Harvest Food Bank in November 25. 2015 (8:30-11AM)
- CHOC Walk, Sunday October 11, presented by Jennifer Hu.
o Philmont – Thanks the 4 adult leaders that went on the 2 weeks trip. Great overall experience and encourage the next group of scouts to take on the challenges and the many wonders of Philmont.
o 4th of July fundraising event was a success. Final numbers were presented.
o Deep Sea Fishing went well. Adults comment that early morning may be less than optimal for fishing expedition. Suggest trying to take a later boat for the next outing. There were young scouts on this trip making it a lot of fun, but it was tough catching those experience fish.
o Beach Outing – Outing is in September 26-27th in Mission Bay, San Diego. Activities include surfing, paddle boarding and kayaking. $100 per scout and $90 per adult
o October Backpacking is in the planning stage with reconnaissance hike in a couple of weeks.
o November Outing is horseback riding. Cost is estimated at $25 per hour.
o December Holiday Party at Skyzone. Cost is $20 per scout.
Next Meeting: TUESDAY, September 8 , 2015 @ 7 PM – Carmenita Jr. High School