Date: Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Dennis Gorospe
Count of Attendees: 12
Committee Chair Reports
- Reservation for Court of Honor in August 25, Shoshone Park, is completed.
— Thanks everyone for the support. This is Dennis’ last meeting as Committee Chair. He will be the next Scoutmaster starting in September 2014.
- The Jaguar patrol members will be splitting up into the various patrols in the troop.
- Eric remains active in our troop with an honorary title of “Emeritus” Scoutmaster
- Financial Report on File. Raised questions on the tax compliance issues regarding non-profit organization. Chad will look into the matter to determine if our Troop has a filing requirement.
- Bin Clean up is scheduled this weekend. Mandatory for scouts.
- Issues regarding missing utensils/supplies in the patrol boxes. Members suggest labeling them by numbers or color coding it.
- Scott also suggests the distribution of tents after an outing should be assigned to older scouts to insure a better outcome of returned tent being cleaned.
- Previously, Frances Gorospe suggested to have the tents cleaned right after an outing before leaving the campsite and to be administered by coordinators of the outing.
Registration Report (Cynthia Dang)
- Not in attendance
Ashok Chauchan, Maha Sadras, Cristina Preciado
(Christina reported, Ashok and Maha were not present)
- Presented a list/schedule of scouts in progress of obtaining their Eagle Rank at various stages.
- 2015-2016 – scouts in the pipeline for Eagle Projects: 14
Trail to 1st Class
Charles Cho (absent), Francis Gorospe (present)
- No report
Grace, Jeanne, Linda, Chandy, Glenn H.
Jean Cha reported.
- Not in attendance
- Preparing for the COH on 8/25/14
- Not present
o Troop693@moc.elgoog|retsambew#moc.elgoog|retsambew, for any posting requests.
Medicals Chair Report
- All are updated
- Henry Lee will transition in for next term
- 2nd Harvest is coming up, to be coordinated by Henry Lee. Planning for November 22, 2014
- CHOC Walk is also coming up.
- Mark Nagayama presented a community service opportunity with a nonprofit group (C3). Possible Eagle Scout project can come of this and it consists of gardening, weeding, and cleaning
|July 26-Aug. 2||Log Cabin-2014||Frances Gorospe||Lee Vining, CA||- Completed – Went well, but possible that future Log Cabin sponsored program may be in jeopardy as only a few troop within the district participates in this outing.|
|Sep 13-14||Beach Outing- Sep 2014||Anjali Atkins/Chandanika Gunawardena||Mission Bay Aquatic Center|
|Sep 27||Training hike||El Dorado Park||-Training Hike for new scouts scheduled in September 27 at El Dorado Park.|
|2015||Philmont||Philmont kick off meeting schedule for September 19.|
|Oct||Backpacking- Oct 2014||Scott Kotake / Jay Chiang||Jay is surveying a couple for hiking trails for the October backpacking trip|