Date: Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 17
Eagle Project Proposal
- Ansh gave an update on the completion of his Eagle Project. He thanked the committee to support his project.
- Committee moved to approve Edward Hsiang - Eagle Project proposal. Edward's project is is to build a kiosk at Whittier Narrows Nature Center. He plans to execute his project in 2 days, one day to build the kiosk and second day to install it. His dates are Oct 6th and Oct 13th.
Committee Chair Report
- There are article on the cover page of LA Times about Child abuse in BSA. All were reminded to ensure two deep leadership and staying current on Youth Protection.
- SM Conferences 1 - Star, 2 - Life (1 cleared)
- Met with the 1st year scouts who completed their Trail to 1st Class (Pathfinder) at Summer Camp - 2012, to know how they did at summer camp and also to sign-off the requirements in the book
- 1 scout has lost his book, but he had the photocopy of the advancement pages…so will use those to transfer to the new book.
- Met with the MCs for the Court of Honor to finalize the plan.
Mi Kyong - Balance on File
- Planning to purchase walkie-talkies as one is broken and now we are left with 3 only.
- Planning to purchase a water jug or replace the faucet.
- Tent clean-up will be planned for early 2013.
Cynthia Dang - (Not in Attendance)
- Helping co-ordinators for Backpacking - October 2012 outings
- Suggestion was made to pursue other high adventure outings e.g. Norther Tier, Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Mt. Whitney.
- Maha just came back from India trip and will touch base with pre-Eagle scouts. Glenn was working with the scouts in her absence.
- There was a concern about BH, completing his Eagle project
Trail to 1st Class
- Planning for an orienteering training on Monday August 20th
- This will be followed by a 1-mile orienteering course on August 26th
- Personal Fitness session will be scheduled shortly
Melody, Grace, Jeanne, Jovita (none in attendance)
MinChi Cheng (not in attendance)
- Summer Calendar - 2013 has been created
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar (not in attendance)
Christina Preciado, Anjali Atkins (none in attendance)
Minchi Cheng (not in attendance)
- Check out new Calendar - 2012 for updated events.
- Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|Jun 23-30||Long Term Bike Ride - 2012||Jay Chiang, Dennis Gorospe, Ed Johnson||Along the central CA coast||Final expense was presented. Committee decided to not refund any $$ back to the scouts, thus providing a subsidy of only $20.|
|Jun 29 - Jul 4||Annual Fundraising - 2012||Claire Peer||Artesia||Good year…final report of income and expense was presented to the committeel|
|Jul 15 - 20||Summer Camp - 2012||Frances Gorospe, Charles Cho||Camp Mataguay, San Diego||Scouts enjoyed the camp. Troop one the 1st place in Triathlon|
|Aug 16-19||Zip Lining/Caving - 2012||Chad Hoang, Jay Chiang||Moaning Cavern Park||Everything is ready for the trip. 12 scouts + 5 adults|
|Aug 25||Water Balloon Fight - 2012||Chad Hoang||Sunshine Park||Four troops are participating: 693, 72, 88, 1005. Need volunteers to support the event and need 2 trucks to transfer the equipment. Committee approved lunch to be provided by the Troop|
|Sept 8, 30||Backpacking Training - 2012||Victor Hsiang, Yi Chu||Sunshine Park, El Dorado Park||Immediately following the scout planning Meeting on 8th, new scouts will be taught how to prepare for backpacking training. This will followed by a training hike on the 30th|
|Sept 22-23||Wind Surfing/Board Surfing - 2012||Eliza Ma, Sissy Yoh||Mission Bay Aquatic Center, San Diego||$65 for Sat-Sun 3hr Windsurfing and Surfing program includes all equipment and instruction. Last date to sign-up Sept 10th. So far 8 scouts and 5 adults have signed-up. Need to ensure older scouts go shopping with younger ones.|
|Sept 29||Adult Potluck - 2012||Christina Preciado||Nishibayashi residence||Christina will be organizing this event; This is a good event for parents of the troop to meet other parents|
|Oct 14||CHOC Walk - 2012||Jeanne Cha||Disneyland||All are encouraged to attend for a worthy cause|
|Oct 20||Backpacking - 2012||Anjali Atkins, Vasantha Sripathi||San Jacinto||Andrew is helping the coordinators. Leaning on going to San Jacinto|
|Nov 3, 10||Scouting for Food - 2012||Shalu Chauhan, Uttara Kelkar||Sunshine Park||No information available from the district yet|
|Nov 17||Rock Climbing - 2012||Jas Jahic|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Committee approved the new slate of officers for 2012-2013. Please see the new officers @ Adult Leadership
Long Term Outings Planned
- Camp Cherry Valley (2013)
- Hawaii (2013) — Start taking deposits; In order to achieve Hawaiin Award we must attend their summer camp. Gorope's visited the camp this summer…and are exited for the trip next year.
- Philmont (2013)
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry