Where: Liberty Park - Washington Room
When: Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Time : 7:00 PM
Chaired by: Chad T Hoang
Total present: 18
Table of Contents
Eagle Project Proposal
- JW project consist of evaluating and replacing expired items in the CHS Emergency Preparedness bins and the backpacks that are located in each classroom. 1st day will consist of taking inventory and purchasing items for bin/backpack replacement and 2nd day is the assembly line for the first aid kits. Committee has approved this eagle project. The projected dates are 9/26/09 in which he will be needing 10 older scout/friends and 10/31 approximately 30 scouts will be needed.
- Will be organizing 3 meeting to help in his transition role as scoutmaster.
- Meeting with our former scout master (Eric), retired scout masters (Mark and Glenn) to gather some words of wisdom as well as see what they would like to remain with the troop as well as get advice to new ideas.
- Meeting with the ASM team to discuss their involvement/roles with the troop. How they can help in the decision process, brainstorm ideas to improve troop communication and collaboration for all.
- Meeting with the green bar to express expectation of scout leader and propose future troop goals.
- Chad will be putting together a powerpoint presentation of his vision of the troop. Will be arranged to be shown at a future troop meeting.
- Scoutmaster Conference - No specific SMC noted.
- Centennial begins 9/1/09. There will be a patches which can be earned by the scouts during the 18 month period. The patch has several ribbons attached to it. Each ribbon represents something and has requirements attached to it in order to be earned.
- BSA Rose Parade Float looking for Eagle Scouts from 9/1/08-9/1/09. Scout will be walking with float carrying state flags, banners etc. Interviews will be held on 9/12/09 and 9/19/09. To receive information go the BSA council website and look for the rose parade icon.
- BSA Rose Parade Float will be parked at Adventure Base 101 in Whittier Narrows from 1/1/10-1/3/10 and will have various activities held like archery, zipline, BB guns ect.
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Discussion regarding the subsidy of outings. Looks like our surplus goal has been met so we will need to be careful now on how much subsidy will be allowed in order to maintain a stable budget.
Bryan Johnson (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- No Updates.
Glenn Nishibayashi (not in attendance)
- Working with JW and JM in their road to Eagle.
Trail to 1st Class
Maja Sadras (not in attendance)
- Terry will be scheduling a 1 mile compass work at regional park . Currently scouts are working on tenderfoot fitness requirements.
- No Updates.
Susan Chung , Melody Chang (not in attendance), and Jill Villaseca (not in attendance)
- Next Board of Review scheduled for Thursday, August 13th, 2009
- All scouts need to remember to bring their scout book the first meeting of every month so that the records are complete and up to date.
- Court of Honor 8/17/09 from 5-11 pm. We will begin at 6 pm.
- Summer Camp and Philmont photos have been uploaded by LC.
- Remember Medicals Forms for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
- Reminder to all outing coordinators: All medicals must be udated prior to the outing for scouts and parents. Check below for soon to be expired medicals. See Victor Hsiang to turn in all updated medicals ASAP.
Jeanne Cha and Jovita Fuente
- CHOC walk is scheduled for 10/18/09. Registration is online. Register under Troop 693. Will be starting at 6AM at Disneyland.
- No Updates.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- JM and JW Eagle Projects in September.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Camp Witsett (2010)
- Sumer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2009 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
|July 14-26||Philmont - 2009||Victor/Peter||Details on Calendar||Victor said it was a great experience for all to try. Next Philmont trip 2011. Email Glenn for information.|
|Aug 17||Court of Honor||Susan Chung||Shoshone Park-Norwalk||5-11 PM. Starting time 6 PM. Our host for that evening will be IR, VP, and AS|
|Aug 22-28||Long Term Bike Ride - August 2009||Alok Sancheti||Detail on Calendar||9 scouts/ 6 adults. Come prepared to ride and have an adventure of a life time.|
|August 21-23||Surfing / Bonfire / Windsurfing Trip - August 2009||Chad Hoang||Leo Carrillo Beach||Approximately 9 scouts and 2 adults signed up. Cost is between $30 - $35 per scout. $100 troop subsidy. Surfing Lessons with wet suit and board is available for a fee of $100. Chad requested leaving at 3:30 PM to beat Friday traffic.|
|October 10-12||Canoeing - October 2009||Dennis/Carol||Fiesta Island||Cost is $35 per scout per day. Opportunity to earn merit badges in canoeing, sailing, and motor-boating|
- Proposed that a new Eagle Plaque be built because the current plaque is running out of room to add eagle scouts. Suggestions of seeing if we could rearrange plaques on board to fit more names or just have a new one put together to allow for long term additions.
- Ed Johnson knows someone who does wood work and will look into this for us.
Assistant Scoutmaster Meeting
- 9 present
- Chad discussed roles and responsibilities that he would like to have set between the ASM team and the SM. Main goal is to have a team approach and keep communication open at all times. He would like to see the ASM more involved with rank advancement, SMC, scoutmaster minutes etc.. He is looking for current Subject Matter Experts in Map/Compass, First Aid, Plant/Animal, Knots, and Civic/Governmental Line of Duty as well as a Creative Director who will take on on big production a year. We all need to be team players for Chad so that he will have a smooth transition as SM for T693.
Medical forms HAVE been updated
Next Comittee Meeting: September 08, 2009 at 7:00 PM @ TBD (Liberty Park) .