Date: August 5th, 2008
Location: Glenn's Residence
Chaired by: Maha Sadras for Peter Prana
Total present: 17
Table of Contents
- No Report
Mi Kyong Choi
- Details on file
- No Report
- No Report
- Glenn had meeting with the scouts who will be turing 18 in 2010, so check their progress and guide them.
- 3 Eagle Board of Review were done for Scout-Austin Chang, Scout-Justin Wang and Scout-Andrew Park
- From now on all Eagle Projects are presented to the Eagle Board before presenting it to the committee.
- No Report
- Website has been updated with new theme.
- Experimental advertisements have been added to the site for testing.
- Thanks to everybody who has become a website member and has been posting stuff online on their own.
Maha Sadras for Peter Prana
- Stigler's are leaving the Troop to be more active in the District.
Trail to 1st Class
- Second session for Tenderfoot Fitness requirement 10a has been postponed from 18th August to the 20th, so has to comply with the 30-day rule between 1st and 2nd session.
- It was advised to complete Tenderfoot requirements before the Summer Camp's, so as to give enough time before the Court of Honor.
- 4 scouts complete the flag-hosting requirement at Sunshine Park
- CHOC Walk - October 2008 has been scheduled, all are encouraged to participate to show support for Joyson and others.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Eric Banuelos Eagle Project was presented by Scout - Eric Banuelos. It was approved by the committee. He has been advised to change the date if it conflicts with the Merit Badge Day.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Check out new Calendar - 2008 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|June 30- July 4||Fundraising - 2008||Anyi Chang||Updates available on file|
|Jul 13-19||Summer Camp - July 2008||Maria Gomez||Please return the Troop equipments and walkie-talkies. Scouts should get their books signed before it is too late.|
|August 10-16||Whitewater And Caving Trip - August 2008||Carol Hojo||A meeting was held|
|August 30||Personal Management Merit Badge - 2008||Glenn Nishibayashi||All scouts interested must register on the website. Parents are encouraged to join in to learn how to become a Merit Badge Counselor.|
|Sept 6||Planning Meeting - 2008||Eric Aune||All scouts are encouraged to show up. We will start a Outings List so that boys have and idea what to choose from.|
|Sept 6||Personal Fitness Merit Badge - 2008||Glenn Nishibayashi||All scouts interested must register on the website. Parents are encouraged to join in to learn how to become a Merit Badge Counselor.|
|Sept 12-14||Saltwater Canoe / Kayak Trip, Mission Bay, San Diego (Fiesta Island) - September 2008||Richard Gilliland||Due to lack of participation, 1 campsite will be cancelled.|
|Sept 15||Mandatory Parent Meeting - 2008||Committee Chair||Discussion about scheduling the dates and coordinators for outings planned.|
|Oct 11-12||Rock Climbing - October 2008||Jay Shin||To keep the cost in limit, we will be doing only training for 1 day. If there are only few boys they will have opportunity to complete the Rock Climbing Merit Badge in one day. Committee approved the subsidy to be increased from $20 to $40 per scout to encourage high adventure activities.|
|Nov 1, 8||Scouting for Food - November 2008||??|
|Nov 15-16||Backpacking Trip - November 2008||Michael Chern||Some adults went for Adult Day Hike - July 2008 to Ice House at Mt. Baldy, and think this a great site for the trip.|
- New Adult Leadership slate was approved by the committee for 2008-2009.
- Adult Backpacking Trip - September 2008 Training session September 20, 2008 at Glenn’s house (Glenn/Larry)
- Adult Backpacking Trip - September 2008 Overnight Adult backpacking trip September 27 and 28th. Sign up with Glenn or Larry.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go. 7 adults + 17 scouts are going.
- Updates on the Loring Hughes Memorial Flagpole: Cost will be approximately $1800 + installation + cost of plaque. Will be going to the commission of Parks and Recreation on 8/07/08 at 5:00 PM for adults who are interested in attending, then will go for council for approval.
- Eagle Court of Honor Cake Reimbursement: Committee approved the increase of reimbursement of cake at Eagle Court of Honor from $50 to $75 per scout.