Date: Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 - 7:00 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Santos Kadi
Total present: 29
Eagle Project Proposal
- Edward Yi's, project was approved. His project is to setup a drip system at Sunshine Park for City of Cerritos.
- Brain Chen's project was approved. His project is to paint the exterior of "Cerritos Church" church in Artesia.
Committee Chair Report
- It has been recommended for a group of parents to go an meet the principal of Carmenita Middle School and re-introduce the Troop. Recently the school did not know whose bin was on the school property and they had to break the lock to find out it was ours. Since then the lock has been restored.
- Flag Ceremony was recently done by the Troop at City Hall, Cerritos.
- Had 2 scoutmaster conferences. 1 Star, 1 First Class.
- Scouts are applying for new leadership to start in May.
- Balance on File
- Committee approved to purchase the following:
- Backpacking Tent $50
- Issac Szu and Chritopher Gong helped in repairing the tent, cost $42
- 8 plastic boxes for $12 each
- 2 more pots $80
- Washing tubs $70
- 4 new scouts have registered
- 2 scouts are ready to present their Eagle Project
- 5 are in pipeline
Trail to 1st Class
- Will schedule Swimming Merit Badge
Melody, Grace, [Chandy, Jeanne, Uttara (not in attendance)]
- Scouts will be meeting to prepare for upcoming Court of Honor
- March: 2 First Class, 1 Second Class
- April: 1 First Class, 1 Second Class scheduled
Medicals Chair Report
- Updates are posted on web
Jay Chiang (not in attendance)
|Mar 16-17||Backpacking March - 2013||Andy Black, Victoria Bian||Sprue Grove||Outing went well. Waiting for final receipts to come in to finalize the final report|
|Apr 2-6||Grand Canyon - 2013||Vildana Jahic, Uttara Kelkar, Charles Cho||Grand Canyon||6 scouts and 3 adults went. Had good weather and trip. Plastic bags created poblems at GC campsites, due to squirrels|
|Apr 12-14||Camporee - 2013||Minchi Cheng, Sharon Wang, Cynthia Dang||Firestone||35 scouts + 8 adults have signed up. 4 scouts and 4 adults are joining from Pack 529. 2 scouts and 2 adults are joining from Pack 673|
|May 17-19||Whitewater Rafting - 2013||Vildana Jahic, Phil Working||Kern River||Reservation has been finalized|
|Jun 1-2||Field Sports - 2013||Chad Hoang||Forest Lawn||Moved to June 1st and 2nd, due to conflict with other outings|
|Jun 23- Jul 5||Hawaii Long Term - 2013||Frances Gorospe||Hawaii||Visited the BSA Camp where we will stay. Will be visiting Pearl Harbor and learning about Polynesian Hawaii culture|
|Jul 7- Jul 13||Summer Camp - 2013||Scott Kotake, Chandy Gunawardhana||Cherry Valley, Catalina||Waiting for orientation|
|Aug 24- Jul 13||Fishing - 2013||SGlen Hiu, Dennis Huang|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer camps
- 2014 - Forest Lawn Camp
- 2015 - Kern Camp
- 2016 - Emerald Bay
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry