Date: April 12, 2011 7 PM
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Alok Sancheti
Eagle Project Proposal
- None to present
Committee Chair Report
- City of Cerritos Food Booth for 4th of July will not be put up by our troop.
- Gordon wanted to find out if eagle scouts can start the fund raising before getting the approval from district - answer: cannot start fund raising
- 3 SC conference
- New scout leadership in place
- Camporee is big event - 90 people participating (diivided into 6 patrol of 10 scouts each)
- New initiative - scout to be more responsible, PL+ consider helping out troop in projects, planning the outing
e.g. Curtis was in-charge for campsite, Jonathan coordinate MB, Lancelot for flags
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- 6 tents reimbursed for .
- New parent - 12 t-shirt, 19 t-shirt sold, will order 50 - 55 more shirts.
- All backpacking stuff returned, except for few tarps
- Bought plastic tarp for convenience tent
Cynthia Dang (not in attendance)
- New updated information: company name and policy numbers. Insurance information can also be found at Forms
- Troop permit must be filled out one week prior to an outing and must be cleared before any outing progresses.
- Snow Trip - all has been submitted
- Will need to work with August coordinator as they are new
- Currently Working with one eagle scout.
- 4 scouts interested in proposing an eagle project.
- New scouts must make sure that they fulfill rank of scout before they begin any requirements there on.
Trail to 1st Class
Dennis Gorospe/Terry Domae
- All scouts passed trail to 1st class
- Last summer camp sign off pending, will sign them off if they can answer the questions, otherwise they will have to do it again
- Need summer camp orientation
Susan, Melody, Grace(not in attendance), Jeanne
- Step by step guide for BOR / MB will be nice to have
- 1 Eagle, 3-pre-eagle, 2 star, 2-2nd class
- Only 1 request for BOR for April
- Attendance will be sent to ASMs, for rest available on request
- New roster updated on the website
Medicals Chair Report
Uttara Kelkar(not in attendance)
- Some new scouts missing medical form for camporee
Kiran Rami(not in attendance), Anjali Atkins(not in attendance)
Richard Gilliland(not in attendance)
- Richard has put together a module on the Adult Training page for parents to view and Richard has posted LA/Orange County Links. Check them out and see all the available training going on along with online classes you can do in a short time to become certificated in various areas. (BSA E-learning Center)
Long Term Outings Planned
- Summer Camp: Emerald Bay (2011)
Check out new Calendar - 2011 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in preparation of each outing.
|Feb 4-6||Snow Trip - February 2011||Lilibelle Reyes, Julie Won||Big Bear||All expenses reimbursed|
|Mar 4||Green and Gold – March 2011||Jovita De La Fuente, Vasantha, Mala||Skyline Room Cerritos Library||All payments received except 3|
|Mar 12-13||Backpacking – March 2011||Santos Kadi, Jay Chiang||Point Magu in Malibu||All expenses reimbursed, mileage reimbursed for 14 cents|
|April 15-17||Camporee – April 2011||Serena Szu, Linda Phong, Su Yon Kim, Vasantha Sri||Firestone Camping Reservation||Big event 40 people from pack are coming. Chad is not going, Terry will be the SM. They are in the process of tying up all the close ends|
|May 14-15||Rifle Shooting/Shotgun - May 2011||Richard and Charles||Location Whittier Narrow||Committee approved to allow shotgun to all the scouts, not just 14+, as Terry said that there will be 1:1 ratio between instructor and scout. Also it is a controlled environment|
|May 16||Fundraising Meeting - May 2011||Claire / Mee / Jovita||Carmenita MS||Sign Up to work fireworks booth|
|June 23-26||Whitewater / Fishing - June 2011||Ed Johnson||Kern river||Only 3 scouts have signed up till now, looking for more sign ups, 1 day of whitewater + 1 day of fishing / hiking|
|July 10-16||Summer Camp – July 2011||Christina Preciado||Emerald Bay||If there are 35 scouts, 5 parents can go; otherwise only 4 parents. Committee decided against allowing parents to pay and go|
|Sept 17-18||Kayaking/Snorkeling - September 2011||Jas Jahic, Dennis Gorospe||Oxnard –Channel Island||Approximately $210 per scout (one night camping, two days kayaking)- $25 subsidy|
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- New scout orientation complete - thanks to everybody who helped out
- Mileage reimbursement increased to .25 cents a mile or actuals
- 1 scout in waiting list, will have to wait till waiting list is opened next time
Expiry date of Medical form can be found ad Medical Form Expiry