Date: April 1, 2008
Location: Carmenita Middle School
Chaired by: Peter Prana
Total present: 17
Table of Contents
- Scoutmaster Conference- 2 for Scout.
- 3-4 Board of Review Scheduled for 4/17/08.
- We welcome the new green bar for 2008-2009. There is a Green Bar Planning Meeting on 4/13/08.
Mi Kyong Choi
- Ending cash balance (Details on file).
- Donation for Joysons family should go directly to the family. Check your email for the date and time of the service. Prayers go out to his family. May Joyson be at peace with the Lord and that God may comfort his family and give them strength during this difficult time.
- Items are being returned in an orderly fashion.
- If you have any items from the Backpacking Trip - March 2008 in your possession, please return them to Floyd immediately so that the troop can have a complete count on on gear.
- A suggestion was made regarding a service project needed for cleaning out the equipment bin and taking inventory of supplies and repairs that the troop has. A wish list also must be created of equipment needed by the troop.
- 8 new scouts and parents registration for Troop 693 are completed.
- 5 scouts need Board of Review for Eagle Scout, since their projects have been completed already.
- Glenn has a breakdown of the subsidy budget for activities and events schedule for this upcoming year.
- 2007 2008 Pro Forma Budget.xls for 2008 with outing subsidies was discussed and is available on file.
Trail to 1st Class
- A suggestion to create a rank advancement training for new parents and scouts was mentioned.
- Will be scheduling a day for swim merit badge advancement.
- Summer Camp - July 2008 is going to be at Los Valley this year on 7/13/08-7/19/08 and is only $170. Four more spaces available.
- Will be trying to set up a 30 minute Website Orientation on usage of the troop website. Meeting will be scheduled some time in the future.
- Many of Troop Forms are up and ready for printing.
- Email Alok any other Forms you would like to see posted on website for availabity.
- Also send any updated info to alok which you would like to see on Calendar-2008
- Orientation Packets available for new scouts.
- Please see below Medicals that have or are expiring soon.
- Remember Medicals (Class 3) for adults registered in troop are required if you are participating on High Adventure Outing. No exceptions.
Discussion Items and Other Business:
- Thank you to the 20 scouts and parents that participated at the OC Food Bank Community Project - March 2008. Wow !!, 700 boxes were put together for families in need.
- Looking for ideas for community service projects. Any ideas let Jeanne know so that she can look into it.
- Scout-Ceasar - Gomez Eagle Project scheduled for June 7-8.
Long Term Outings Planned
- Mammoth Caverns (2008)
- Cherry Valley (2009)
- Camp Witsett (2010)
- Emerald Bay (2011)
- Scout Spirit was discussed. Just a reminder to all the boys in the Troop that your attendance on activities is not enough, you must show participation of character, engagement with other, and be living the scout law/oath at all times. We must show growth in leadership skills and become role models for the younger scouts beginning their Trail to Eagle. ONLINE EXAMPLES REGARDING SCOUT SPIRIT can be found at Scoutmaster Conference AND AT EACH OF THE RANK PAGES. SCOUTS NEED TO TAKE TIME TO READ OVER THEM.
- New Adult Orientation Meeting: Last Session- 4/14 (Youth Protection Training)
- Check out new Calendar - 2008 for updated events. Coordinators are collecting information and will have flyers available with information in prepartation of each outing.
- April 18-20: Camporee - April 2008 (Jaime Banuelos) - No updates available. Next upcoming troop meeting will be used to prepare for Camporee.
- May 17-18: Fishing Trip - May 2008 (Floyd Wilson) - Reserved 2 nights camping up in Victorville at Mohave Lake for 32 people.
- May 3: Merit Badge Day
- May 12: Court of Honor
- June 14: Special Olympics (Jeanne Cha). Sign ups beging on Mondays Meeting 4/14/08.
- June 21-22: Surfing Trip - June 2008 (Brian Johnson) - Reservation have been made for San Onofre beach campsites.
- June 30- July 4: Anuual Fund Raiser Event (Anyi Chang)- No updates available. Meeting is arranged for 5/19/08.
- July 13-19: Summer Camp - July 2008 (Maria Gomez) -Scheduled date will be July 13-19 at Los Valley (east of Temecula). Looking for parent volunteer. 4 Spaces still available for scouts.
- August 9-15: Long Term - Whitewater and Caving Trip - August 2008 (Carol Hojo)- 18 Scouts have signed up. Caving will be first, followed by White water rafting, repelling and zipline. Carol selected caverns with shade and availabe showers.The cost is approximately $660.00 per scout but with the Troop subsidy of $100.00, the total cost will be $550.00 per scouts. Carol will begin taking payments or installments.
- September 20-21: Saltwater Canoe/Kayak (Richard Gilliland)-16 mile Canoeing Trip. Mission Bay, San Diego (Fiesta Island). Canoeing on Satureday and Kayaking Sunday.
- Philmont 2009 - Sounds like its a go.
- Next Meeting Scheduled of May 13, 2008 at 7 PM @ Carmenita Middle School
Medical forms for the following scouts need to be updated: