Start Date: Friday, June 20, 2014 6:00 am
End Date: Sunday, June 22, 2014 4:00 pm
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: Carmenita Middle School
Location: Moaning Cavern Park, Northern California (6 hours drive from LA)
Forms Needed: Permission Slip & Waiver Form
« Click Here to Sign up on-line »
Coordinator: Minchi Cheng, Santos Kadi
Scout: $210 $180 (Includes Caving, Spelunking, Rappelling & Ziplining)
Adult: $170 (If participating in Caving Activities – see above)
Deposit: $100 – due March 31, 2014
Last Date to Signup: March 31, 2014
Things to bring: Camping Checklist
Flyer: Caving Rappel Zipline 2014
Moaning Cavern Park [California's largest public cave chamber]
Information from Moaning Cavern Park
Recommended Gear List - Moaning Cavern Adventure Trip w/ Rappel
We supply all necessary caving equipment, including hard-hat with light, gloves, and knee & elbow pads. Coveralls in adult sizes are available for those who want to use them.
- Get a good night's sleep - caving requires energy and good judgment.
- Eat a good breakfast, but avoid excessive liquids and "problem" foods, since there are no restrooms inside the cavern and the trip takes 3 hours.
- Dress appropriately - the cavern is fairly warm (61 F, 16 C) year round. It is dry during the summer and wet/muddy during the winter. If you plan to use our coveralls, wear one layer of loose fitting, lightweight clothes (t-shirt and shorts are sufficient) for under the coveralls. Smaller people and those who don't wish to use our coveralls should wear one layer of loose fitting clothes with long sleeves and long pants. Whether you wear coveralls or not, your clothes will get dirty and scuffed, so don't wear anything you care about.
- Wear sturdy shoes that have traction soles (sneakers work fine) and will stay on your feet. Keep in mind that they will get dirty and scuffed.
- Bring a complete change of clothes for afterwards, including shoes. A bag to put your dirty clothes in is recommended. A wash cloth and towel to do a basic clean-up is recommended. Hot water and showers are NOT available.
- You may want to bring something to eat for afterwards. Since no food or drinks are allowed in the cavern, you may be hungry when you get out. We have snack foods and drinks available in our gift shop.
- If you have a medical condition that does not limit your ability to do the trip, but does require you to bring food or special supplies into the cavern, tell us in advance AND let the guide know before the trip begins.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled trip time to allow time for checking in, signing release forms, using the restroom, etc.
- Before your trip begins, be sure to notify us if you or anyone in your group may require special attention or awareness on the part of the guide.
Additional Details - Moaning Cavern Adventure Trip w/ Rappel
Is This Trip For You?
- Cavern exploration requires good health! Those with conditions such as heart and lung problems, pregnancy, impaired mobility, or excessive weight should not attempt the adventure.
- NOTE: You are required to notify us if you or anyone in your group may require special attention or awareness on the part of your guide!
- Participants must be at least 12 years old, weigh at least 100 pounds and be at least 4-feet tall.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guides will limit participation to persons they believe to be suitable and fit.
- Due to the inherent dangers involved in spelunking trips, all participants and parents of participating minor children are required to sign a waiver of liability. This form will be available to fill out at check-in, however it is also available on the website - http://www.caverntours.com/mcrelease.pdf