Start Date: Friday, April 18th, 2008 4:00 PM
End Date: Sunday, April 20th, 2008 1:00 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: Carmenita Middle School
Location: Firestone Scout Reservation
Direction by Freeway: 57 North, take Tonner Canyon Road exit
Direction by Road: Artesia East to Gilbert. North on Gilbert to Malvern. East on Malvern to Bastanchury. Left onto Bastanchury to Brea Blvd. Brea Blvd north to Tonner Canyon. East on Tonner Canyon to Firestone Scout Reservation.
Forms Needes: Troop 693 Permission Slip
Coordinator: Jaime Banuelos
Cost: $25 per scout
Last Date to Signup: April 7th, 2008
Things to bring: Camping Checklist
Come join the activities that are planned to be challenging and entertaining. Have a great experience that will be long to remebember. Activities inclde:
- Rifle Shooting
- Axe Throwing
This is a scout activity and National Council rules and regulations will be in full effect. The scout units will compete amongst themselves. The district Camporee committee will be hosting this Camporee. We hope you all will have a wonderful time participating.
Reminder - by Jaime
- Make sure that your son’s show-up with their Class-A uniform on with their Class-B (Green T-shirt) underneath .
- Please provide your son’s with a sack-lunch for dinner. We will not set up for dinner tonight because of the camp set up and gate-way (entrance gate).
- Parents: If you have, could you bring your walkie-talkie for driving and camp communication.
- Special Notice for Help: Any Troop 693 Scouts that can show-up today at 3 PM to help load up the camping equipment at Carmenita Middle School please do so. We will need everyone help in loading up all the equipment so we can arrive at Camporee to set-up camp.
This spring camporee was an unforgettable experience. This camporee’s theme was pioneering. During our patrol activities, we got to have axe throwing, build a flagpole, have a stretcher relay, and much more. I must say that the food way, as always, great. At night, we got to sleep at 10:00 or 11:00 and wake up at about 6:00. The only thing that kept me awake about 1/5 of the time was the somewhat cold temperature. I think that the best part of the camporee was the campfire during Saturday night. The skits that we performed were quite funny. Our troop won:
- 1st place in campsite.
- 1st in cooking.
- 2nd place in overall and other awards.