Start Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2013 8:30 AM
End Date: Sunday, November 17th, 2013 11:00 AM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup:Regional Park (by tennis courts), Cerritos]
** Campsite Location:** El Dorado Park, Long Beach, CA
Forms Needed: Permission Slip
Coordinators: Santos Kadi, Yi Chu
Cost: $10.00 per scout
Last Date to Signup: October 28, 2013
Things to bring: Camping Checklist, Fully tuned bikes (see details below), Mandatory items, Sack Lunch for Saturday, Small backpack/hydration pack for water/snacks/first aid kit, Fishing Gears (License required for 16 yrs and older)
- We will be meeting at Regional Park (by the tennis courts) NOT at CMS.
- Please be at the Regional Park by 8:30 am because we will start biking at 9:00 am.
- We will leave our gears e.g. tents, sleeping bags etc. at the park, which an adult volunteer will take to El Dorado Park.
- Thereafter we will bike for about 10 miles to Seal Beach (End of Waterway - 15 1st Street, Seal Beach)
- After having the sack lunch at the beach and relaxing, we will bike for about 6 miles to El Dorado Park.
- We will camp overnight at the park.
- Next day after breakfast and pack-up we will ride our bikes back to Regional Park; while an adult volunteer will take our gear to the Cerritos Regional Park.
|8:30 am||Meet at Regional Park (By the tennis courts)|
|9:00 am||Start Biking|
|11:00 am||Arrive at Seal Beach. Please bring a sack lunch with you. Also, please bring water.|
|12:30 pm||Leave Seal Beach|
|1:30 pm||Arrive at El Dorado Camp site|
|2:30 pm||Bike Flat repair and review|
|3:00 pm||Afternoon Activities - Fishing, games|
|4:30 pm||Prepare Dinner|
|6:00 pm||Campfire (or something else)|
|9:00 pm||Cards / chit chat / Go to tent|
|10:00 pm||Lights out|
|7:00 am||Wake up|
|9:00 am||Pack up|
|10:00 am||Leave El Dorado, Bike to Cerritos Regional Park|
|11:00 am||Arrive at El Dorado Park|
- Scouts will NOT be carrying the tents etc. on bike, but we will load them in cars. The gears will be delivered to El Dorado Park by an adult volunteer. Scouts will be carrying a small hydration pack or water and energy bar with them on the bike.
- Helmets, gloves, spare tube and repaid kit are mandatory.
Training & Inspection
Date: Sunday, November 3, 2013.
Time: 1 PM to 3 PM
Meeting Point: [Sunshine Park, Cerritos]
- Make sure you attend the training and inspection session to prepare for the outing.
- At the training we will inspect your bikes, helmets etc.
- Go over bike rules and safety issues.
Mandatory: helmet, gloves, water bottle, rear light (red), spare inner tube, pump (or CO2 unit), tire levers, patch kit, wrench (for nuts on wheel axles if wheels do not have quick release levers).
- Please read How to Buy a Bike before buying a bike
- For this ride bring whichever bike you currently have
- If you plan to buy a new bike. Buy one which has gears, so BMX bikes will not work. Please speak with Mr. Jay Chiang or Mr. Gorospe so that they can suggest the size / fit best for you.
- Bring helmets and gloves you will NOT BE ALLOWED to ride without a helmet or gloves.