Start Date: Saturday, March 8th, 2008 7:00 AM
End Date: Sunday, March 9th, 2008 4:00 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: Carmenita Middle School
Location: Valley Forge, in National Forest (start from Red Box Gap in Angeles Crest Hwy
Location of Trailhead: Latitude 34.2416, Longitude -118.0928
Forms Needes: Troop 693 Permission Slip
Coordinator: Howard S. Choi, Eric Aune
Cost: $20 per Scout, free for Adult
Last Date to Signup: February 25th, 2008
Things to bring: Backpacking Checklist
- Enjoy a short (3 miles), scenic hike along 'The West For San Gabriel River' in Angeles National Forest.
- Camp in a remote wildness campsite (Valley Forge).
- Round trip 6 miles.
- Elevation Loss: 1,150 ft on Saturday hike.
- Elevation Gain: 1,150 ft on Sunday hike.
- We will have enough free time to enjoy nature.
- This is an ideal training backpack outing for a long-term outing.
- Bring your own lunch.
- Waterproof your hiking boots.
- If you have round shaped (cross section) shoelaces on your hiking boots, replace with flat shaped shoelaces.
- Good backpacking spirit and health
- Swimming Merit Badge because we have to cross river many times. If you do not have it, do not worry. We will make bridges for you.