Start Date: Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:30 AM
End Date: Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:30 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: CERRITOS PARK EAST, 166th St Parking Lot
Location: Mt. Lowe Trail Camp
Forms Needed: Permission Slip
Coordinator: Mr.Joseph Antonio, Mr.Miki Cheng
Cost: Scout-$10, Adult-free
Last Date to Signup: October 10, 2015
Things to bring: Camping Checklist
Flyer: Backpacking Trip Flyer
Introductory backpacking for new scouts and parents.
- Make sure you drink lots of water to hydrate a few days before the trip. It takes time for your body to hydrate.
- Wear wool or synthetic socks with a liner. This will save your feet from getting hot spots and blisters, especially when carrying a heavier load.
- Trim your toenails to prevent "black toes". Hiking downhill your toes will push against the front part of your boots, causing some discomfort
- Scouts: Please make sure you have your 10 essentials, including your wide-brim hat, compass and whistle, water bottles and and sunscreen. For safety reasons you will not be allowed to go if you do not have these mandatory items with you! We will be checking at the meetup.
- Parents: Bring a sack lunch. We will be cooking only dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
From CPE to Eaton Saddle : Click to open Map
Route From Eaton Saddle to Mt. Lowe Trail Camp : Click to open Map
Route From Mt. Lowe Trail Camp to Eaton Sadddle : Click to open Map