Start Date: Saturday, November 21st, 2009 7:00 AM
End Date: Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 4:00 PM
Meeting Point for Drop-off and Pickup: Carmenita Middle School
Location: Mt. San Jacinto S.P., Round Valley
Forms Needed: Troop 693 Backpacking Permission Slip
Coordinator: Jay Shin
Cost: $65 per scout / $30 per adult (cost including Aerial Tram ride)
Last Date to Signup: Nov 2, 2009
Things to bring: Camping Checklist
Naturalist John Muir once remarked that the view from Mount San Jacinto "was the most sublime spectacle to be found anywhere on this earth."
Now you can enjoy the same view. Join us for a challenging backpacking and camping trip to the Mt. San Jacinto.
• Aboard the world largest rotating tramcars
• Enjoy a short (2.1 miles), scenic hike in the Mt. San Jacinto S.P.
• Camp in a remote wildness campsite Round Valley
• Elevation Gain: 600 ft on Saturday hike.
• Elevation Loss: 600 ft on Sunday hike.
• We will have enough free time to enjoy nature.
• Bring your own lunch.
Be prepared for cold nights that may dip to near freezing so a heavy jacket, gloves and warm hat are a must, and though rain is unlikely you must be prepared for the possibility.