Start Date: October 2nd, 2011 7:00 AM
Meeting Point : El Dorado Neighborhood Library
Location: El Dorado Park
Direction: To Library, 2900 Studebaker Rd., Long Beach, CA 90815
Forms Needed: Training Hike Permission Slip » [WORD form] [PDF form]
Coordinator: Victor Hsiang, Yi Chu
Last Date to Signup: September 26th, 2011
Things to bring: from Backpacking Checklist get what is in Bold
- This backpacking training hike has been organized for first time backpackers to get them familiar with backpacking. If you are planning to go on the October 22th backpack trip and have never been backpacking with the Troop, then this training hike is HIGHLY recommended
- Please attend backpack equipment training on September 11th after the Planning Meeting. Here you will be told what to buy and what not to buy.
- This trip will help you prepare for the upcoming Backpacking - October 2011.
- Pack your backpacks with all of your equipment as if you were going on a real hike (go through your equipment list to ensure you have everything.) We will do an inspection before we begin the hike
- This is about a 2 mile hike in El Dorado Park.
- Parents and siblings are welcomed and encouraged to hike (siblings must be accompanied by their parent)
If you are interested, then you can sign up by posting a "comment" below with your first name and last name initial e.g, Glenn N., saying that we will be there October 2nd (do not post your entire last name, just the last name initial).